A collection of proprietary in-house tools that allow users to easily migrate all of the current files, revisions, folder structures, property values, relationships, etc. from legacy data.
For many companies especially ones using Autodesk design tools, Autodesk Vault is the ideal data management solution. However, for some organizations, a major obstacle to the successful implementation of Autodesk Vault is getting legacy data including files, revision histories, custom properties, file relationships, etc. into Autodesk Vault quickly and in an organized manner with no loss of information. In situations like this, Hagerman & Company’s proprietary Migration Connection utilities for Autodesk Vault along with expert consulting and assistance from Hagerman team members is the ideal solution to this challenge!
- Tools to scan all customer selected servers, users PC’s and folders and report all file data to a SQL database for analysis and logging as to whether each file is unique, redundant, current, etc.
- An “Update Properties from Spreadsheet” tool in Vault that can update custom Vault file properties in mass based on querying and retrieving data from a user selected spreadsheet
- An “Update Properties from Folders” tool in Vault that can update Vault properties in mass based on customer specified property/folder hierarchy mappings. The result then makes it easy for users to search and retrieve files based on any combination of folder/property names/values rather than having to know where a file is located in the folder structure. It also allows users to get and access search results including files from across multiple folder locations in Vault.
- Automated analysis and correction of broken AutoCAD XRef and raster and Inventor assembly file relationships
- Automated formatting of existing company data into the intricate and specific XML format required for importing with the Vault Data Transfer Utility
Legacy information which needs to be imported into Autodesk Vault can exist in a variety of different formats and locations including:
- Windows files and folders
- File properties contained in the above files
- Existing older data management systems to be replaced by Vault
- Company ERP or other business systems
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Other in-house Access, SQL, Oracle or other databases
In all of the above cases, Hagerman’s Migration Connection utilities can be the solution to getting files and data into Autodesk Vault accurately and in a cost and time efficient manner.